With the dynamic environment and ever-evolving trends, it is imperative to stay updated with the latest information. This holds true especially in the field of social media marketing. This is one such domain wherein, it becomes essential for one to keep him/herself updated with the latest happenings, new technological updates etc.
In the present day world, the penetration of mobiles, precisely smartphones has soared to a large extent. This is so because the mobile devices have become more cost-effective and pocket-friendly. Moreover, the wireless networks are more faster. This gives the perfect platform for marketers to tap the opportunity and hit the nail at the right time.
Furthermore, it is of utmost importance that marketers are well-versed with the latest social media marketing facts and accordingly plan their social media marketing strategies. Enlisted below are the top 25 social media marketing facts that every marketer must know:
- Of 45% of the world’s internet users, there are just over 3 billion active Internet users.
- 3.65 billion mobile users have access to the internet via smartphones and tablets.
- Nearly 2.1 billion people have social media accounts of which 1.7 billion are active users.
- In India, mobile devices account for 72% of all website traffic.
- There are 1.65 billion active mobile social accounts globally.
- 561 million active mobile social accounts are located in East Asia.
- There are nearly 1.4 billion Facebook users.
- 47% of all Internet users are on Facebook.
- Nearly 75% of Facebook’s revenue comes from mobile advertising.
- Direct uploads of user videos to Facebook now exceed YouTube.
- 4.5 billion likes are generated daily.
- Twitter is a great brand awareness facilitator having over 248 million users, as per latest records.
- 88% of Twitter users are on mobile.
- Google+ has 363 million users and costs over half a billion to design and develop.
- The +1 button is hit 5 billion times per day.
- Facebook owned Instagram has 300 million users.
- 53% of internet users aged 18-29 use Instagram
- 70 million photos and videos are sent daily.
- Snapchat has 100 million monthly users and has been valued at close to $20 billion at the last valuation.
- LinkedIn has 347 million registered members.
- There are over 39 million students and recent college graduates on LinkedIn.
- 600 million users on Whatsapp.
- Facebook messenger has 500 million users.
- WeChat is close behind with 468 million users.
- Social networks will earn $8.3 billion from advertising in 2015
Image Credits: encrypted-tbn