Digital Marketing is that form of marketing that has left behind the concept of traditional form of marketing. Ideally, it is the process of using several techniques to put forth marketing strategically in this techno-savvy digitized world.
However, to substantiate and provide in-depth knowledge about the digital marketing courses, it is imperative to have insights into the several domains or modules of Digital Marketing. To name a few, enumerated below are some of the major domains of digital marketing:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Email Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Internet Marketing
In the same frame of light, there are certain digital marketing facts and statistics that need to be taken into consideration that every digital marketer must know:
- 82% of hyper growth SMBs say social media is effective for generating new leads.
- 88% of business buyers say online content plays a major to moderate role in vendor selection.
- B2B purchasing decisions in general are taking longer and involving more people on the buying team. 58% of buyers say they spend more time researching than in the past; 53% rely more on peer recommendations; and 65% said the winning vendor’s content had a significant impact.
- Content marketing generates 3 times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing, but costs 62% less
- Seventy-seven percent of buyers are more likely to buy from a company if its CEO uses social media.
- Blogs are 63% more likely to influence purchasing decisions than newspapers.
- Now 78% of companies have a dedicated social media team for their business strategies.
- 60% of all social media traffic to business to business websites come from Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- One-third of all organic search clicks on Google are on the first result.
- 71% of internet users are more likely to purchase from a brand that they are following on a social networking site such as Twitter or Facebook.
- 61% of global Internet users research products online before buying.
- YouTube has become the 2nd Largest Search Engine – bigger than Bing, Yahoo, Ask & AOL combined.
- 60% of all organic clicks go to the organic top 3 search results.
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate.
- Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are the most popular social networks with search engine marketers. The second-most popular tier includes YouTube, blogging and LinkedIn. The least popular major networks are Flickr, Tumblr and StumbleUpon.
- The vast majority of these users (95.5%) will be checking social sites on a smartphone, and smartphone users are about twice as likely as overall mobile phone users to do so this year. By 2014, eMarketer estimates, nearly half of the total US mobile population will be mobile social networkers.
- 92% of small businesses say that social media is an effective marketing technology tool. They are evenly split on the effectiveness of social media for attracting new customers vs. engaging existing customers.
- Companies that blog more than about 15 times per month, get 5 times more traffic.
- Email with social sharing buttons increase click-through rates by 158%.
- Visual data is processed 60,000 times faster by the brain than text.
- Internet advertising will make up 25% of the entire ad spend in 2015.
- 43% of all marketers found a customer via LinkedIn.
- Video can keep your prospects on your website up to 2 minutes longer on average.
- In terms of shaping consumer opinion, blogs are the third-most influential online service.
- Marketers spend most of their time producing blog posts, article and guides, social media updates, e-newsletters, and news releases; they spend the least on podcasts, polls and surveys.