In the digital age, content is, was and will remain the king. So, nothing but the application of the right content marketing strategy to fetch the right set of consumers. Use the most commonly used buzz words, focus on storytelling concept to make the content more interesting, engaging and motivating for the readers.
Keep the following enlisted content marketing facts in mind and then frame your campaign for better results:
- B2B marketers use an average of 13 content marketing tactics — from social media to e-newsletters and video to blogs — with 70 percent currently working on creating more engaging and higher quality content.
- Blogs are one of the most effective tools for increasing organic search traffic, and are highly influential with buyers. Yet just 31% of Fortune 500 enterprises now maintain an official blog.
- 75% of B2B buyers rely more on content to research and make B2B purchasing decisions than they did a year ago.
- Content marketing costs 62 percent less and generates roughly three times as many leads as traditional marketing.
- Content creation ranks as the single most effective SEO technique.
- 71% of business bloggers have some type of center of excellence team (i.e., a team that provides a blogging code of conduct, audience engagement guidelines, best practices, and guidance to help internal teams execute their own blogging activities).
- On average, content marketers are dividing their content into three areas: (61%) created, (27%) curated, (12%) syndicated.
- While most content sharing efforts by marketers are focused on the “big four” social networks, most (72%) content sharing done by buyers is on “dark social”–primarily email and apps.
- Marketers’ top investment areas across the content marketing space: curation and aggregation (38%); creation (34%); workflow (29%).
- The most effective content marketing tactics according to B2B marketers are:
– In-person events (70%)
– Case studies (65%)
– Videos (63%)
– Webinars (63%)
– Blogs (62%)
– eNewsletters (60%)
– White papers and research reports (59%)
- 64% of companies with a documented content strategy have a dedicated content marketing budget.
- Infographic usage amongst B2B marketers increased from 51 percent last year to 62 percent this year.
- 41% of marketers say driving sales is the No. 1 goal for their content marketing strategies; 94% put sales in their top five content marketing goals. Brand awareness was the second-most-popular goal with 88% adding it to their top five, while 21% ranked lead generation as their No. 1 goal.
- All social media platforms experienced some level of increase in usage this year, with Instagram and Google+ gaining the most (raising approximately 17 and 13 percent, respectively). LinkedIn, while still very popular, did not increase.
- 84 percent of B2B marketers listed brand awareness as the key content marketing goal for their business, with “lead generation” coming in as a close second.
- 55% of B2B organizations and 59% of B2C organizations plan to increase their content marketing budget in the next 12 months.
- Less than 20 percent of a company’s website content drives 90 percent of its traffic, and only 0.5 percent of a website’s content drives more than 50 percent of its traffic.
- 88% of B2B marketers and 89% of B2C marketers are either focused on creating more engaging and higher-quality content or planning to do so in the coming year.
- Trailing only retail and brand sites, blogs rank as the third most influential digital resource guiding consumer purchasing decisions.
- Most marketers have a tough time tracking ROI, with only 21 percent of B2B marketers and 23 percent of B2C marketers listing that they are successful at tracking the return on investment (ROI) of their content marketing programme.